Thursday, September 28, 2006

I Think My Cute Russian Classmate Is Strung Out on Hardcore Drugs

This week in class (which starts at 8:10 a.m. every day), everyone has been looking a little ragged.

On Monday, Susie the cute American girl from North Carolina invited me to go clubbing on Wednesday night. I thought it might be possible, but I felt tired in class on Tuesday and predicted that coming home at 3:00 in the morning on Thursday morning would probably make my life very difficult for a few days afterwards.

On Wednesday, Susie and the other American girl, Kristen (by the way, I am using their real names), didn't show. I secretly feel relieved, as I will not have to tell Susie that I am probably not going out dancing with her because I just need to sleep.

Another student, Yi Yin, who is from Austria (I don't know her Austrian name), guessed that they were probably out partying the night before. Yi Yin is always tired and tells me she is barely surviving on five hours of sleep a night.

"Are you drinking too much caffeine?" I wonder. She responds that she is just doing a lot.

"That's Taiwan," I say.

Later in class, I look over at my Russian classmate. Her face is paler than usual, and her eyes look like she has been doing some hardcore drugs (okay, I am exaggerating, but I really like the title of this post).

Tonight, I need to fold the laundry that I did a few days ago. I have been storing it on my bed during the day and on the rug at night. My rationale for not doing this is that "the ten minutes that it would take to do this is ten more minutes of sleep." (Obviously, writing in the blog takes priority over folding clothes and sleeping.)

Well, it really is bedtime for me. Time to move that laundry and get some sleep.

No comments: