Monday, September 11, 2006

Thoughts on Love

I remember being in acupuncture school. My friend Chalita and I leaned up against the wall near the elevator during a class break and had a deep chat. We talked about love and relationships. "You know," I said, "here I am pursuing my dream, but I don't know if it's worth it without love."

Chalita lit up. "That's what it's all about. All of this is nothing without love."

I've been looking for love. Sometimes I have been too busy studying, or working, or surviving, or pursuing my dream, to look for love. And sometimes it just enters my life. Actually, that's the way it usually happens. They call it Grace.

We get this idea in Western society that if we will it, it most certainly can happen. I think this is perhaps true at times. But what happens when we let go of our plans and goals? Perhaps we can allow space for something bigger to enter our lives.

Many are busy looking for love. Others are busy holding onto something that they are trying to convince themselves is love.

I want to let go and let love enter my body like the ocean fills the sand.

No comments: