Sunday, March 04, 2007

Visit to Yilan

I was planning to go to Bali for my vacation, but my friend Wanling invited me to visit Yilan and so at the last minute, I cancelled my plans. It's no big deal--I saved a lot of money, and I hear that during this time of year, Bali is full of Taiwanese people. Luckily, I can get that right here in Taiwan!

So, right before the New Year, some friends (including my friend Kenny, who grew up on St. Kitts, an island in the Carribean) and I got on a train to Yilan.











Kenny, Cynthia, and me posing in front of "Double Happiness".

Wanling took us to the Luodong Night Market. Kenny refused to eat the stinky tofu. I took a bite and just smiled, saying, "Oh, it's good, but I'm full already!"











Stuffing our faces with nightmarket food.

Yilan is very nice. It's quiet and has a suburban feel. I know that's not usually considered good, but after living in Taipei, at least for me and my friend Kenny, it hits the spot.











Here we are being Taiwanese.

At night, we went back to Wanling's house and sang karaoke with her mom. I sang a duet with her in Taiwanese.











Wanling, thanks for inviting us. You are the best!

No comments: