Sunday, March 09, 2008

Letting Go

Lately, I've been spending time looking for wisdom on the web. Actually, I think there's a lot of wisdom on the web if you know where to look, and if you do so with a critical eye.

Yesterday, I found the site of well-known teacher, Adyashanti , who lives in Bay Area. I have a few friends who used to go and listen to him talk and always spoke highly of him. He is a former Zen practitioner. I haven't heard him speak much, but I just downloaded an excerpt of a talk of his, and I think it is very helpful.

In it, he explains the importance of letting go, of not trying to control your life. What a concept. It's the opposite of the way most everyone lives their lives. This is the way I aspire to live my life, and I hope others can come to this understanding as well. It sure is liberating.

Maybe you've come to my blog today for a reason. Maybe you need to hear his words of wisdom.

Check it out:



This video is copyrighted, but I am not making any money off of this, and just trying to benefit people, like you. So, I would like to pray that Adyashanti does not sue me for posting his video here. Actually, I read on his site that Adyashanti is sick, so I would like to send him many blessings for healing.

No comments: