Sunday, August 26, 2007

Rainy Night on Zhinan Mountain

I've leaving Taiwan on Monday morning, early. This evening, I have focused on packing, and finally, I am done. It's a good feeling.

It's a beautiful night in Muzha. It's been lightly raining for the past few hours. I love when it rains on the mountain. It's a feeling of nourishment, strengthening, release.

I need to take a walk and move my body. I don't mind that it's raining, and besides, I won't be able to take a walk in my neighborhood on the mountain for a long time. So, I grab an umbrella and walk down Wanshou Rd.

It's always good to walk after being cramped up inside. After twenty or thirty minutes, I am done my short hike and am back at the stairs that lead up to my small apartment building. I walk up, slowly. There are big lamps along the path, and their light is reflected on the water as it tumbles over the stairs, which are all made of thousands of small pebbles.

I get to the top of the path where my apartment is. This is one of my last walks here, and I am glad I have slowed down tonight to appreciate this place.

It's still raining outside. A fine moment to finish my last blog entry in Taiwan.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ciao,im reading your articles, it's so interesting that u're here to learn chinese and have experience life here, wow!! incredible, i really hope u're happy here =)

I have many experiences being a forenger these years, browseing your blog make me think of some experiences, hahah!!!anyway, I wanna say hi to u, and...nice blog!!

Anonymous said...

oh! you're leaving!
wish you good luck and I believe you'll be a really nice Chinese doctor~ ^^

Unknown said...

Safe and peace!

Thank you for writing so many beautiful work in Taiwan.